Wednesday, August 18, 2010

oh happiness....!

hello, my name is Suzanne......and I'm a flour snob.
You guys KNOW I am a devotee of just about ANY product made by King Arthur Flour. They make high quality products without equal....
So naturally, after moving to Washington State, I've been searching for KAF Bread Flour.......
Well, my commissary carries every flour EXCEPT for the bread flour.....I'm going to work with them to order the bread flour but I was so eager for good bread that I looked outside of the military gates.

Well, the local Albertson's sells it for $5.50 per bag. And remember I had once claimed that I would pay $5 a bag if I had to..? Well, it would appear that I was going to have to actually do that......ugh!
I love KAF flour....but I'll admit it: I'm cheap. I'd be willing to pay that much, but I didn't want to....

So I kept looking....and lucky me! I found it at Wal-Mart for less!!


woooooo hooooo! My favorite flour for only $3.42.......I'll still be working with my commissary to order my bread flour but I'm grateful that Wal-Mart carries it :)

5 comments:

Sheri said...

I love KAF, and I too am a flour snob! I was afraid that when I moved to Hawaii I would not be able to buy it. Well, much to my surprise my commissary carries both the Whole Wheat and the Unbleached White Flour from King Arthur.

Kristiem10 said...

I've never tried KAF before, but you've got me convinced. I am going to get some next time I go to the grocery.

SB said...

oh Kristie, you won't be sorry. It really is the best. All kidding aside, I've tried others and this really IS the best out there.
If you need recipes, pop over to the Baker's Banter, which is their blog. The recipes are so yummy!
Plus I can share some with you, too :)

rennratt said...

I switched to KAF, thanks to you and my friend Angie.

It has made a world of difference in my whoopie pies, which had been turning out flat (rather than puffy cookies) for over a year. I thought it was the baking powder/baking soda, and was constantly buying new of both. Once I changed to KAF, however, BAM! Success!

So thank you. You have saved my cookies. Literally and figuratively!

SB said...

rennratt honey,
you HAVE TO (and I mea: HAVE TO in 4 inch size letters) try their baking powders. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G....